Monday, December 28, 2009

I manage an unsigned band and they are GREAT :-) Any A&R people want to get in touch??

We are looking to get our music out there to as many people as possible. We have a large London fan base as well as a large Uni fan base around the UK. Funk Rock is what we do and we do it well.



Let me know what you think:



www.myspace.co./lahayna



I manage an unsigned band and they are GREAT :-) Any A%26amp;R people want to get in touch??

They seem to be very heavy on the indie and light on the funk. The first track reminded me of the old Wild Cherry track 'Play That Funky Music'. The music is dated and unimaginative. They can obviously play, but are not individual enough. I think that if they have stage charisma in abundance, they may progress further, but if what I have heard on the site is anything to go by they are simply not sufficiently original to become a top flight band. They should team up with a good songwriter and build from there, because they certainly don't have a good songwriter at the moment. Sorry, but you did ask what people thought.



I manage an unsigned band and they are GREAT :-) Any A%26amp;R people want to get in touch??

I used to manage/ play bass for the band Runaway Phoenix, I'll check out your guy's stuff and let you know what I think.



I manage an unsigned band and they are GREAT :-) Any A%26amp;R people want to get in touch??

Hi. John A seems to know what he's talking about. Always good to get some pointers. But I'm not a music critic and I don't have a music degree, although my siblings and I all play different musical instruments from pre-school years (encouragement from my father who had a great singing voice).



I think your band has good musicality. I enjoyed listening to your tracks. As with hooking up with a singer-songwriter, maybe/maybe not. Just look around and listen to the existing bands lately. Mostly everyone sounds like the bands in 1973.



One thing that I dislike about today's society is that there's always someone reviewing somebody's work, i.e. books, music, films, food.



Why can't you just read, listen, watch, eat them and judge for yourself? Like you'll have more brownie points if you have anything to say at all (sure it would make you sound clever, etc).



In all, I'm pretty sure you guys are enjoying what you're doing. Love it, embrace it. You're doing a great job utilising the web to share your music. It's never been easier to advertise.



Ultimately, keep on visualising success and it will happen. If you're comfortable with what you do and it's in your hearts' desire to get signed-up, then you're halfway there already.



All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web page host